Oregon Coast Bridges.
By: Ray A. Allen. Photographs by James Norman.
Availability: Special Order. Usually ships in 1-14 days.
Published: North Left Coast Press, 2011.
The first edition of Oregon Coast Bridges profiles forty of the most interesting and signifificant
bridges along the Oregon Coast Highway, from Astoria to the California border. Covering more than 200 pages, this edition presents:
- More than 150 historic and large format contemporary photographs
- Interesting historical anecdotes about the bridges and their surrounding areas
- Original historic bridge drawings from the Oregon Department of Transportation
- Beaches to Bridges—Development of the Oregon Coast Highway, a brief history of the development of the Oregon Coast Highway
- Descriptive biography of Conde B. McCullough, Oregon’s master bridge designer who designed many of Oregon’s landmark bridges
- An expansive glossary of bridge terms